For Pizza Dough:
½ cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry yeast
2 cups maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
salt to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
water as required, to knead
1 tbsp pizza sauce
2 boiled mashed potatoes ,
thinly sliced carrots ,
3 tbsp onion,
¼ cup Sev, 1/4 cup pomegranates,chopped
½ cup mozzarella cheese grated,
½ tsp oregano / italian seasonings / mixed herbs
2 Tsp Titbit Dabeli Masala
- In a large mixing bowl take warm water, sugar and dry yeast and give a quick mix. allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Add maida, salt and olive oil.
- Knead the dough adding water as required.
- Tuck the dough and form into a ball. Place in a large mixing bowl. Cover to rest and rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
- Punch the dough with fist to release the air.
How to bake:
- Place the dough on a dusted pizza plate or tray.
- Flatten the dough by stretching with both hands further, leaving a cm or more and create a dent. Then prick the centre of the dough with the help of a fork.
- Spread pizza sauce generously leaving the sides slightly. Also top with the topping of mashed potatoes adding 2 Tsp Dabeli masala , then spread grated cheese and sprinkle Italian seasonings.
- Bake at 500 degrees fahrenheit for about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve pizza hot. Sprinkle some sev and pomegranates .